Dr. Mercola’s Protein Pancakes – Serves 4
High in protein and fiber, these tasty gluten free protein pancakes, will fill you up with the essentials you need to get your day started right.
- 2 scoops Miracle Whey Protein Powder (in vanilla, blueberry or banana)
- 1 teaspoon Gluten Free Baking Powder (optional, for fluffier pancakes, recipe follows *)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (3 if small) lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons melted Fresh Shores Coconut Oil, plus more to grease skillet
- Sift Miracle Whey, coconut flour and salt together into a batter bowl.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in another bowl and then add slowly to dry ingredients whisking until smooth. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Brush bottom of a heavy skillet or pancake griddle with coconut oil and set over medium heat. Heat until a drop of water sizzles and evaporates immediately.
- Stir batter and then pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into 4” circles, allowing plenty of space between each.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges are cooked. Turn and cook flipside.
- Serve immediately topped with your choice of fresh berries, yogurt or maple syrup. (Can also be frozen to enjoy on a later date.)
Makes 8 pancakes.
* To make 1-2/3 cups of gluten free baking powder combine 1/3 cup baking soda, 2/3 cup cream of tartar and 2/3 cup arrowroot. Blend thoroughly and store in an airtight container.